If You Have Faced Discrimination
If you’ve experienced discrimination or unfair treatment in D.C. from an employer, landlord, business, any city agency (such as the police or fire department), or in any public accommodation (such as a school, the D.C. jail or a homeless shelter), please contact us so we can help you file a complaint in the appropriate place.
In order to help you obtain justice, it is important to record as much as possible. Some helpful details include:
- The offender’s name and physical description.
- Badge numbers (if police are involved).
- The date, time, and location of the incident.
- A detailed description of what happened.
- Any physical evidence, including written documents or e-mails.