- Thursday, April 14, 6:30pm: Hate Crimes Town Hall with MPD, the Mayor’s Office of LGBT Affairs, and the DC Attorney General — Community Room @ Reeves Center, 14th & U Streets NW
- Tuesday, April 19, 7:30pm: Bi-monthly DCTC Meeting — Austin Center @ Whitman Walker Clinic, 14th & R Streets NW
- Thursday, April 21, 12:00noon: Rally for a Bully Free DC — Front Steps @ The Wilson Building, 1350 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Tuesday, April 26, 7:30pm: Needs Assessment Working Group — Soho Coffee, 22nd & P Streets NW
- Tuesday, May 3, 7:30pm: Bi-monthly DCTC Meeting — Austin Center @ Whitman Walker Clinic, 14th & R Streets NW
What we’ve been up to
Police Liaison. Last month we submitted testimony to the DC Council about the work of the MPD over the past year. Check out one of the things we talked about! We also continue to train officers in the Gay and Lesbian Liaison Unit. Be sure to come to the Hate Crimes Town Hall this Thursday (details above) to make your voice heard! If there’s something you want to say to the police department, this is a good time to say it!
Needs Assessment. We’ve nearly completed our community roundtable meetings! Our goal is to explore and document many issues facing members of the trans community, and we’re currently holding roundtable discussions with trans communities throughout DC as the first phase of the project. If you would like to participate in a roundtable or volunteer to help plan phase two (launching a survey), please write to email@example.com.
Trans Pride. Our friends at Capital Trans Pride are gearing up a day of exciting events on Saturday, June 4. Check out their page on Facebook!