Join the DC Trans Coalition on Saturday, July 20 for a community forum and lunch at Casa Ruby. We will unveil detailed results from our community needs assessment and discuss where to go from here with organizing and advocacy. Come hear the findings from the DC Trans Needs Assessment and help come up with community based policy priorities and solutions to address issues that are most negatively impacting the lives of trans people in DC.
Needs Assessment Preliminary Findings-
- Only 59% are employed;
- 54% earn less than $15,000/year;
- 80% had experienced verbal, physical, or sexual assault as a consequence of being perceived as trans;
- 59% reported housing discrimination;
- 89% of those currently experiencing homelessness are people of color;
- 81% reported being refused medical care as a result of being identified as trans;
- 60% had seriously considered suicide over their lifetime; and
- 53% had been discriminated against when interacting with police.
We look forward to seeing you at Casa Ruby (2822 Georgia Ave. Washington DC) at 12pm on Saturday, July 20!