The following pages contain information about some of the major issues that the DC Trans Coalition has confronted since our creation in 2005. Through extensive community consultation, we have identified these as key areas where trans people routinely face violence, harassment and/or discrimination.
Click the links below to find out about each issue and the history of our campaigns in D.C. On the pages below, you can also find out ways you can help out in the struggle for trans justice!
- (Un)Employment and Social Services
- Hate Crimes and Violence
- Public Restrooms
- ID Documents
- Health Care
- Domestic Violence Shelters
In addition to working on these issues, DCTC also hosts workshops, trainings, social events, fundraisers and town-hall forums for our communities. Be sure to check the tab on the right of the page for the latest upcoming events. We are also currently conducting the first trans-specific research project for D.C. in over a decade!
- Our list of policy priorities for the District government, broken down by agency
- Information on the laws and policies we have already won: Know Your Rights in D.C.!
- More on the vision, purpose and work of DCTC
- Reports and Research about these and other issues