If you’ve experienced discrimination or unfair treatment in D.C. from an employer, landlord, business, any city agency (such as the police or fire department), or in any public accommodation (such as a school, the D.C. jail or a homeless shelter), please contact us so we can help you file a complaint in the appropriate place.
In order to help you obtain justice, it is important to record as much as possible. Some helpful details include:
- The offender’s name and physical description.
- Badge numbers (if police are involved).
- The date, time, and location of the incident.
- A detailed description of what happened.
- Any physical evidence, including written documents or e-mails.