Hello DC-area folks! I wanted to take a moment to invite you all to this year’s annual Policy Conference and Lobby Days hosted by the National Center for Transgender Equality.
If you live in the District and you’re like me, you probably ignore most federal lobbying efforts. We don’t have a voting representative, and why continuously bother Eleanor Holmes Norton, right?
But, this year’s Policy Conference and Lobby Days will have plenty of events that are relevant to local organizers. We will be networking with other activists from across the country, learning skills for lobbying and policy-making right here in the District, and listening to how federal policy changes affect all of us. Plus, members of the DC Trans Coalition will be available to discuss local issues. We hope you’ll join us!
Here’s the schedule of this year’s events:
Sunday, March 13
- 1:00 – 5:00 pm Policy Conference, Holiday Inn Washington, 1501 Rhode Island Avenue NW, D
- 7:00 p.m. Meet & Greet: Hosted by National Stonewall Democrats at Holiday Inn Hotel Bar
Monday, March 14
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Policy Conference and Training, Holiday Inn Washington, 1501 Rhode Island Avenue NW, DC
- 7:00 p.m. Moving Forward Together reception (separate ticket required – purchase here)
Tuesday, March 15
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Meetings with Representatives and Senators
- 12:00 p.m. Photo op, meet by Capitol Visitors Center
- 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. Wrap up reception at Tortilla Coast, 400 1st Street SE (right near the Capitol)–included for registrants
Click here to register online! **** Please forward this to your networks, friends, list servs, and anyone you think might be interested! ****
Policy Conference Project Manager
email@example.com | (202) 903.0112
National Center for Transgender Equality
1325 Massachusetts Ave. NW Suite 700 WDC 20005